Welcome to PRSA’s Website
Founded in 1992, The Puerto Rican Studies Association for Research Advocacy and Education, Inc. brings together scholars, educators, public policy experts, artists, community activists and students from diverse fields of knowledge whose work focuses on Puerto Rico, Puerto Ricans in the United States, or both. Our members work in a variety of institutions, including colleges and universities, research and public policy centers and non-profit organizations located in the United States, Puerto Rico, the Caribbean region, Canada and Europe.
Exploring PRSA’s Website:
- About PRSA: Learn more about PRSA, its governance structure and leadership.
- Puerto Ricans: An introduction to the field of Puerto Rican Studies.
- Biennial Conferences: These conferences allow PRSA members to present their latest research and creative work. For young scholars, the conferences are a great opportunity to test their ideas, network and receive mentorship. Our 20th Anniversary Conference took place at the University at Albany (SUNY) in October 2012.
- Membership: Information on how to become a PRSA member, renew your membership and update your contact information. PRSA will publish in early 2013 the new dues scale for calendar year 2013.
- El Noticiero: Our new blog. It contains news and articles covering PRSA’s work as well as information on the world of research, teaching, higher education, public policy and professional development in Puerto Rican Studies and related fields.
- Contact Us: An easy mechanism for sending us inquiries and suggestions, including feedback on our website and on items to cover in the blog.
PRSA is trying to build a new, more comprehensive database with information about its current, past and potential members. Please help us by filling out and submitting the online form found on the page titled “Enter Your Contact Information Here.” Many thanks.